By following a well-established process, Casey and I have the free time to meet U.S. Marines returning home from Afghanistan as part of the Pease Greeters. Use this process to make the time for what is important to you.
I mentioned that much of wealth management is delegation. However, at DPL Retirement Advisors, I require you to remain engaged in the process:
- DPL Retirement Advisors never has custody of client assets.
- I never make or execute investment decisions without your authorization.
- Your monthly portfolio statements are sent directly to you by the custodian, not by my firm.
- I never accept commissions, bonuses or incentives from the investment companies I recommend. 100% of my compensation is a fully disclosed advisory fee.
Investors have a wide range of issues to address. For example, every month more than a quarter million “Baby Boomers” reach their 65th birthday. Almost half have not planned and saved well enough to retire comfortably and on time. Many others are still responsible for some or all of the care for their parents and/or children. If you are a younger investor which do you fund first? Do you save for a house, or fund your 401(k) plan? Invest in a Roth IRA, or open 529 College Savings accounts for your children?
- Have you Defined and Established Attainable Goals?
- Have you prepared a written Financial Plan to meet these goals?
- Are you reviewing your plan regularly to monitor your progress?
- Have you constructed your investment portfolio to meet these goals without excessive risk?
- Is the performance of your portfolio measured regularly against an appropriate benchmark?
My process addresses your financial, insurance, education and estate planning needs. The end result is an effective plan, and a well-constructed investment portfolio with proper risk management.
No one plans to fail, but many fail to plan. A financial plan does not have to be complicated or expensive. If you would like a list of the seven simple steps to creating a financial plan, contact me at: contact us